When you choose one of our independent living cottages, you are choosing much more than a roof over your head. You are choosing to live a full, rich and active life.
An endless array of opportunities will be open to you, both in The Woodland neighborhood and in the friendly community of Farmville. You will live life on your own timetable and according to what is right for you, yet be a part of a friendly community of retirees.
- You will also have the security of 24-hour emergency access to nursing professionals, if needed.
- Dining services at The Woodland are unmatched in the health services industry.
- The comprehensive list on our Recreation page and Amenities page offers bountiful opportunities for enrichment and socializing.
- The Watkins Wellness Center provides a full fitness center, with gymnasium and a warm saline pool, for independent use or group classes.
- The Community Center acts as a hub for social gatherings and activities.
- A 24-hour security office for peace of mind.
Carefree retirement living without a ‘retirement home’ feel. Each of these attractive, spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments offer all the modern conveniences and safety features you desire. Each residence has hardwood floors, tiled showers, granite countertops, stainless appliances, a washer/dryer and cable TV hookup. They also include a private patio and carport. It is a total electric home with heating and air conditioning.
The safety features include assistance at the touch of a button on your individual emergency pendant, smoke detectors, sprinkler system and a 24-hour security office. Never having to worry about maintenance for exterior, interior, appliances or grounds again gives new meaning to the ‘independence’ of independent living. Plus, one meal per day at one of our fine-dining locations in our neighborhood is complimentary.
You also have access to The Woodland Family Practice and The Woodland Pharmacy located on-site.
In addition, we can arrange transportation, laundry or maid service, or private sitters for a nominal fee.